by Nathaniel Bluedorn and Hans Bluedorn
What is a fallacy? A fallacy is an error in logic a place where someone has made a mistake in his thinking.
A cloud is 90% water. A watermelon is 90% water. Therefore, since a plane can fly through a cloud, a plane can fly through a watermelon.
This is an easy book for learning to spot common errors in reasoning.
The Fallacy Detective
6.5×9 quality paperback, 264 pages
Amazone Kindle Store
Online retailers who sell The Fallacy Detective:
Introduction: What Is a Fallacy?
The Inquiring Mind
1. Exercise Your Mind
2. Love to Listen
3. Opposing Viewpoints
Avoiding the Question
4. Red Herring Fallacy
5. Recognizing Red Herrings
6. Special Pleading
7. Ad Hominem Attack
8. Genetic Fallacy
9. Tu Quoque
10. Faulty Appeal to Authority
11. Appeal to the People
12. Straw Man
13. The Story of Aroup Goupta
15. Circular Reasoning
17. Loaded Question
18. Slippery Slope
22. What Is a Generalization?
23. Hasty Generalization
24. What Is an Analogy?
25. Weak Analogy
26. Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
27. Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc in Statistics
28. Proof by Lack of Evidence
29. What Is Propaganda?
30. Appeal to Fear
31. Appeal to Pity
36. Snob Appeal
37. Appeal to Tradition and Appeal to Hi-Tech
38. Find Some Propaganda on Your Own
The Fallacy Detective Game
We recieve orders by email (email@example.com).
First-time orders must be pre-paid by credit card, check, or PayPal. We expect all orders to be paid in thirty days. All payments must be in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank. We do not accept returns.
We will ship our products to you by UPS Ground and charge you the actual shipping costs for each order. Please provide us with your UPS billing code. We will replace all products which arrive to you in damaged condition. We do not accept returns on items sold wholesale.
|The Fallacy Detective||quality paperback||$22.00|
|The Thinking Toolbox||quality paperback||$22.00|
|Hand that Rocks the Cradle||quality paperback||$15.00|
|Logic in 100 Minutes||digipac DVD||$15.00|
|Order Items of Same Title||Discount off Retail Price|
|500 or more||50%|
Let us know if you would like us to include you on the list of places where customers can buy our products.
We now offer a 35% discount to schools and homeschool co-ops for orders of our books in quantities of four or more per title. You must order at least 4 copies of any one title.
All orders must be prepaid unless it is an established account. You can pay by credit card, PayPal or check.
(1) Tell us the titles and quantity of books you want to order. (2) Give us your name, phone number, and the address to which you would like the books shipped. (3) We will email an invoice to you. (4) You can pay directly from the email invoice. (5) Once we recieve payment, we will ship your books to you by UPS Ground and charge you the actual shipping costs for each order. (6) We do not accept returns on items sold wholesale.